Just like every Nite has its dawn, just like every cowboy sings a sad sad song...

 

“It’s always darkest before the dawn, it just never dawned on me” - Hanoi Rocks

Hi all - just a quick update on the current situation with Nite Songs…

Due to being a bit stressed out and having a lot of stuff on in my life at the moment, I’ve made the difficult decision to put the ‘zine on hold for a bit. Lately, I’ll be honest, keeping on top of things and making sure it’s updated regularly has started to feel like a real chore which something you essentially do as a hobby should NEVER feel like.

I think the tipping point came last night when I was desperately trying to put the Sounds From The Junkshop column that was due to go up today together (it says a lot that normally I try and cue things up at least a week before they’re due to go live but as with a lot of ‘zine related stuff that’s well and truly hit the skids of late which has only added to the pressure to keep this thing up to date) and I just couldn’t think of anything to write leading to me basically being sat gawping at the screen for about ten minutes before turning the computer off.

Taking a step back, it’s becoming obvious that I’ve not been looking after myself mentally very well of late (as well as the ‘zine, I’m also trying to juggle a job, a college course and writing a book at the moment) and something’s gonna have to change. The break may just be a couple of weeks or it may be longer depending on how things go. To all the bands whose stuff I had cued up to review in the weeks ahead, I’m really sorry about this and I hope you understand.

Nite Songs may return or it may not, time will tell. But just in case it doesn’t I just want to say thanks to everyone for your support over the last two and a half years, it’s meant a lot that some people have decided my deranged scribblings are worth reading. Hopefully we’ll all see each other down the road somewhere and I will still be chipping in the odd bit of writing elsewhere when time allows. Take care and don’t stop rockin’.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nite Songs Singles Bar February 2021

Album Review: James Sullivan - "Light Years"

Album Review: New Rocket Union - "Twin Cities Breakdown"